Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Great News!

Trinity was named "One of the best" in U.S. News and World Report!!!
Navy Pier

I am thrilled to be able to type these words: I FEEL BETTER! My throat is so much better and the constant burning is a thing of the past. I followed daughter Laura's advice and tripled up on Advil. That did the trick! Thanks, Laura!

Today was my first day back at work and everyone was doing great! It was a fun day teaching and I'm thankful I could talk again.

Tonight I gather my stuff and pack for Chicago. I leave the house at 4 am and should arrive by 10:30. I have one stop in St. Louis. Elise will meet me when her classes are finished and has kindly offered me the use of her car while I am in town. Later in the day I will hook up with some old friends from college and then get ready for the big day on Friday. I hope to attend chapel Friday morning. One year ago, I was the speaker for the chapel service. And after that service when I spoke, we served birthday cake to everyone on campus to celebrate Trinity's 49th birthday. On Friday, Trinity turns 50. No birthday cake will be served this year because of the big celebration at Navy Pier on Lake Michigan. I have Board meetings until 3pm and then need to head downtown. We will have a brief choir rehearsal, and then I will sit at a table to welcome the alumni from my graduation decade...should be a fun evening!

And now, I'm off to pack! Bye!!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

DEAR Sister, I am so glad you felt so much better before you left and I can't wait to hear all about the great time I know you will have!! Love you!! Nancy