Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Birthday, David!

Today is a special day in our home. Our son, David, is celebrating his 25th birthday! We just returned from a fun dinner at Outback. Happy birthday, David! Make God continue to bless your life as He leads you and guides you in the days ahead...we love you!!!

Many of you may be wondering why I haven't written in a while and why there are no new pictures. Patience, please! I should have time to sit and write soon. I got home late Monday evening and have been running non-stop ever since!! Until I get a chance to write about my reunion weekend, here are a few pictures I stole from Trinity's site...my camera was giving me fits the whole time I was in Chicago. These pictures are very small , but you can go to the college website and see them in a better size.

This is the entrance to Navy Pier. They had large signs welcoming Trinity. It was a cold, wet evening outside, but warm and welcoming inside!
This is the Concert Choir and the Alumni Choir. I got to stand right next to Elise on the risers.
This is my Philosophy Professor, Dr. Seereveld. During my stint in his class, I was in awe and terror of the man. But this time around, we had a wonderful conversation followed by a kiss(European style, three times on the cheek, right, left, right!)


Inside the Grand Ballroom at Navy Pier. We had more than 1,400 guests attend. It was a magical evening and I felt so privileged to be at the celebration.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a treat. Glad you could be a part of it

Anonymous said...

And Happy B-day David. Outback is a great place to have your favorite-steak-dinner Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID & MAY EACH YEAR BE HAPPIER.YOU ARE THE APPLE IN YOUR PARENTS EYES SO DONT MESS WITH THE CORE.JUST BE YOURSELF ALWAYS AND STICK WITH YOUR SMILE
Joyce you stirred up a big smile when you mentioned theEuropean kiss and brought back a big belated hug upon my 1st visit back to Holland.Yup you are correct 1 on the right,1 on the left & than another for good taste.If you have never done this before its an experience since your not prepared for it unless you've experienced it.
Henry

Grandma Nancy and Dominic said...

Dominic is sleeping overnite tonite, and we are reading your blog together. He wanted to say hi and Happy birthday to David too! We sent a card but it might not have gotten to you yet! We are so glad to hear you had a wonderful time and a safe trip!! Can't wait to hear more later! David we love you and hope you had fun at Outback! Love and kisses from Aunt Nancy and Dominic