Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Random Happenings

This post will be random. First, I want to post some pictures and brag on our son, Tony.

I don't know why this picture is so small. I hope you can double click on it and enlarge it! Anyway, this is a picture of Tony drumming in high school when he was a Senior. He is the most visible (and the tallest!) drummer standing by the lamp post during a Christmas parade in Ocean Springs, MS.

Yikes! Another tiny picture! This was a historic picture that was taken on Saturday. It is the drum line of the University of Southern Alabama. This is the first time in the history of the college that they have a marching band and a football team! GO JAGS!!! The reason that I am such a proud Mama is that the University chose Tony to work with their first-ever (!!) drum line! Tony is not only on staff, but he is finishing up his music degree at USA, majoring in percussion. GO TONY!!!

Here is Tony holding his baby sister, Elise, after one of his band concerts. I still remember his first drum, his first percussion pad, his first time at band camp...who ever thought it would lead to a lifetime love for music! Your family is so proud of all you have worked so hard for, Tony!!! (Great! Now I'm crying!!)

Next, I'll share a few pictures that my sister Nancy sent to me today.


Sitting in the sun at Jersey Junction, wondering if we need another ice cream cone for the road!

Elise with her Aunt Nancy

The whole gang slurping down our favorite treat in Holland...a Tommy Turtle sundae. It just doesn't get much better that this!

The famous (or is it infamous?) Rodenhouse sisters, with one mom, one niece, and one granddaughter. (Elise, Kathie, Mom, Kare, Joyce, and Nancy)

Elise and I with Doug and Kath Ver Wolf (two of my faithful blog readers, prayer warriors and encouragers!! Thanks guys!!!)

And last, but not least, here are two of my newest students that God has graciously sent my way for this new school year.



I was sick all weekend and slept almost nonstop! I had such a bad headache yesterday and I also lost my voice. I prayed that somehow I would be able to work today. When I woke up, I felt better, was able to teach from 9 - 5, and had just enough voice for every teaching assignment. On my way home, my voice went out again! So very thankful that God blessed me with His strength to make it through. No prospects for Bill, but we continue to be blessed with God's peace and faithfulness...we haven't missed a meal yet! Please pray that this will be the week that God blesses the ever-patient Bill with a job, if that is His will. Thanks and hugs to all!

No comments: