Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sick

I am sick. I've been sick since Sept. 4. I spent all Labor Day weekend trying to get rid of whatever I have. I taught all week despite having a bad throat and a bad cough. Then, yesterday, my body just gave out again. I slept the whole day away. Bill and I didn't go to church this morning. He felt I needed to go to a clinic and find out what is wrong. I really thought I could wait and see if it would just slowly go away by itself, but clearly , this was not happening. So we patiently waited , along with many, many other folks. It seemed like all of us in the waiting room had the same thing. When it was my turn, I was told I should have come in sooner. I have an upper respiratory infection. I slept most of the day, and I am praying that I will be able to go to work, but I'm wondering if I should let my body rest until the antibiotics can kick in. Please pray that I feel better.
My second prayer request is that Bill will have a job SOON. He has been without work since June, and we are really going through difficult times. A company in Mobile expressed interest in his resume. Please pray that we will hear wonderful news tomorrow. If he is hired, it's only for 6 months, but anything is better than nothing, right?

Thank you for joining us in prayer.

No comments: