Monday, March 1, 2010

I've Popped!!!

Today at 2:30 I had tubes put into my ears. FINALLY!!! It was quite uncomfortable but nothing like the horrible pain I had earlier in this process. The Dr. said that I probably wouldn't hear really well and I do find that to be true. But he also said that A. I would not have problems flying and B. I can always have the tubes removed in the future. So, enough about my ears!
Last week I was incredibly focused on getting the Bible Study finished for the retreat on Saturday. I drove to Mississippi on Friday and stayed with a good friend. Another friend invited me over for supper and it was so relaxing and great to catch up on all the latest happenings.
The retreat started on Saturday morning at 9 a.m. From the minute I entered the doors of the church I felt so loved and appreciated. We had a WONDERFUL time learning more about the freedom we have in Christ.
We ended by 2 p.m. and I began the long drive back to Texas. Bill thought it would be a good idea for me to break up the trip and drive about 3 1/2 hours on Saturday. I was able to find a great hotel on Priceline. It was a newly renovated hotel and I had a King suite!!! The bed was heavenly!
Today begins the week-long countdown to my husband's 70th birthday! When I kissed him good-bye this morning, I reminded him that this was his last week to be young! He said, "Yep! Next week I will be MATURE!" What a guy! :)



1 comment:

nancy said...

wow what a guy!!! wow 70 sounds old doesn't it? I can't believe Herm will be there in May!! I'm so very glad that it went so well over the weekend but I just knew it would! love u <(^_^)>