Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Few More Pics


I finally am able to post pictures again!  Here are just a few more from our Birthday Weekend in Chicago.  One was taken while I babysat for Little Bill.  He loves to play with play dough and he amazes me with what he spells.  He was very focused on the letters v, v and a.  I thought for sure he was trying to spell David, but he insisted that it was DVD!  His mind intrigues me.  Bill is "non-verbal", but so much is going on in his head!  He doesn't miss a thing!  That evening was also the first time I was able to get him to use some sign language with me.  He asked me to "Please open the Sprite"!

Bill is holding up a picture that Leilani made for her Grandpa.  She interviewed me about all of Grandpa's interests and finally decided to honor his Dutch lineage.  The picture features tulips and wooden shoes!  Nice job, Leilani!!!

Lily brought cupcakes for the party.  Bill LOVES soccer, so all the cupcakes have a soccer ring.

The gift "hit" of the party was brought by my sister, Nancy.  She filled a glass mug with 70 suckers and attached the sign "70 Sucks!"

2 comments:

Karen said...

My heart was there too

Anonymous said...

its great having family and friends get together isnt it. It was about time you started blogging again I loved the 70 sucker present and i can imagine when i turn that magic age it too will suck.Keep Thinking Spring Is Here cause it may happen again in Michigan real soon.At least i'm looking forward to it anyway.So continue to do all your things in moderation cause you sure know how to go overboard and still come out on top.
Henry