Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sad Good Byes


Aren't these roses beautiful? They are from my GED student. Today was my last day with him. He has, to date, passed each test except for math. We want him to graduate with his friends, and that means he needs more teaching hours in order to take the math test by May. Well, my schedule is full to overflowing, so it was decided to find another teacher. Sniff! I have really enjoyed seeing this student blossom. He has been such a joy to work with, and so, this has been a sad day for me as I say good-bye to Jordan.
I am so thankful that this my vocation. I have met so many interesting children and their families over the years. And today, thanks to social networks like Facebook, I get to stay in touch with students from years past. In fact, that is how I received my invitation to speak for the World Home Bible League next week. One of my former students that I had when I was fresh out of college is one of my Facebook friends and she invited me to speak. I still picture Patti as a sweet 12-year-old with blond pigtails! Today, we both have daughters at Trinity!
How about you? Do you have a teacher that made an impression on your life?
Oh, and before I go, do you notice anything new on my blog? See the new little "Blog Followers" list? I would be most honored if you would sign your name to this! Thanks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

blah blah blah, indeed... :)

Teachers are very powerful people and so incredibly important in the lives of young people. You were one of my favorites!

~ Leah

Blah, Blah, Blah! said...

Thank you, Leah! What a sweet comment! I am so glad you found your way to my blog...now we can "visit" from time to time!