Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hmmm....Can You Guess What I've Been Thinking About Today?

Lately I've been feeling "anxiety". I put this emotion in quotes because I'm not sure that is the exact word to describe me lately, but it's the best description that I have for right now. I don't know why I feel anxious. It might just be my ears! Unfortunately, they still not not quite right. Yes, they did do well on my recent trip...the plugs did make it possible for me to fly. But being on the ground continues to give me problems. I just don't hear very well...especially in large, enclosed areas like church or the mall. Bill tells me what a blessing it is that my ears bother me in the mall, put I am not some faint-hearted wimp and so I valiantly push on!!!!

Ok, so all this "blah, blah. blah" leads me to the heart of today's post. I'm going to post some pictures, and you see if you can guess today's theme.







.

If you guessed the word "bliss", then you are today's winner!!!

We just don't use that word much anymore, do we?

The dictionary describes bliss as supreme joy; utter contentment.

Today, I tried to think of different ways the word "bliss" is used today. First thing that came to mind? Hershey chocolates. Next thing? My favorite shampoo from a company called "Bliss".

But do these things really deserve this word? Do chocolate and shampoo really give utter contentment? Well, if you're like me, on some days, in shallow moments, maybe chocolate does offer utter contentment...but only for about 10 seconds.

So, why am I writing about this? Because this morning as I drove to work, that feeling of anxiety stated worming it's way into my mind. And then do you know what happened? I got a text alert via my phone notifying me that one of my friends made a post to Facebook. And here is the post:

...ah, the bliss of that glorious thought...

Seven little words. So simple, yet so deeply profound! And yes, THAT is supreme joy! THAT is utter contentment!

* Thank you, Leah! *

No comments: