Saturday, March 20, 2010

Chicago Surprise!

Here we are at Tiebel's Restaurant in Indiana.  I am standing next to Patti De Young Koopmans.  Patti was in my very first class that I taught in South Holland.  We reconnected via Facebook and she invited me to speak at the Bible League International Luncheon.  I spoke on Wednesday and again on Thursday and each day there were about 70 women in attendance.  I shared my "Katrina Story" with them and the reponses from the women were humbling and overwhelming.  I feel so blessed that I am able to share my story of God's unfailing faithfulness!
As I was waiting for my sister to arrive from Grand Rapids, suddenly more familiar faces appeared!  Two of my nieces from Grand Rapids drove in for the luncheon and completely surprised me!  I was soooo happy they came!  Kristie is on the left and Kathie is on the right.
 And here is Kathie's daughter, Keri!  Keri missed a day at Calvin College...had I known, I would have taken Elise with me (but she had a mid-term, so it's a good thing I didn't tempt her!) Kerri just got back from a trip to Spain and it was great to hear all about her adventures.
Here are all of my surprise guests...from left to right...Shirley, Nancy, Keri, me, Kristie, and Kathie.  What a FUN day!!!

1 comment:

nancy said...

THIS WAS A VERY MEMORABLE DAY!! SO GLAD IT WORKED OUT FOR ALL OF US! YOU HAVE SUCH A GOD GIVEN GIFT FOR TEACHING ,SPEAKING,STORYTELLING AND ENTERTAINING AND IT'S SO GREAT TO LISTEN TO YOU! LUV YA