Thursday, February 18, 2010

Being Transparent

Recently, those of you have been blog followers for awhile have noticed that I've been struggling. I often question if I should continue to write this blog. My reasons for stopping are a bit selfish, so I'll try to explain my train of thought...

If you've never written an online journal, it's kind of like revealing yourself and your thoughts and putting it out there for the whole world to read. And if you have looked at the recent map I've added to my main page, blogs really are read by the whole world! Never in my dreams would I have thought that I would have readers from Russia or Afghanistan!
Having said that, the downside is this: I put my thoughts out there, hoping you all will respond by leaving a comment. But that rarely happens. And when I don't get comments, I feel frustrated.
So there you have it...another "true confession" from me. Your comments would be greatly
appreciated. 'Nuf said 'bout that!
Now I'll share two kind of funny things that have happened this week with this blog.
  • Someone googled "Shepherds Ears" and stumbled over here. Why? Because one of my titles was "They Hear the Shepherd's Voice". So I tried it. I googled my title, and there was my little blog...right in the middle of articles about the ears of German Shepherds! It brought back to mind the Christmas when David was probably about 4 years old. I explained to him that he was going to be a shepherd in the Christmas play at church. When it was time for me to fit him for his costume, he had this puzzled/disappointed look on his face. He said, "I thought I was going to be a German shepherd!"
  • On Monday I wrote a post on God's love. It was for a "contest" of sorts for Proverbs 31 ministries. On Monday, I had almost a hundred women stop by to read my entry. Once again, I was so downcast that no one left a comment. Today, I figured out what happened...the place to place a comment was missing!!! A fluke? I don't think so! I think that might have been God's way of saying, "Write, my child. Don't concern yourself with getting feedback. Keep sharing your heart." And you know what? The woman that I wanted s0 badly to comment did!!!! I just found her comment and it made my heart sing!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Please don't stop. I check every time I turn on the computer for your words of the day. You write so amazingly. Luvya

nancy said...

DEAR SISTER,
YOU ARE SUCH A GIFTED WRITER AND STORY TELLER! PLEASE DON'T DON'T FEEL THAT BECAUSE YOU DON'T GET THE AMOUNT OF RESPONSE YOU WOULD LIKE THAT YOU SHOULD QUIT! I FOR ONE WOULD MISS IT LIKE CRAZY AND I KNOW OTHERS WOULD TO. YOU CAN TELL THAT BY THE AMOUNT OF READERS THAT KEEP COMING BACK!! IT'S LIKE WHEN PEOPLE READ A BOOK THEY DON'T GET TO RESPOND TO THE AUTHOR
NOW ABOUT THOSE EARS OF YOURS.. I NOW IT'S EASY TO QUOTE SCRIPTURE BUT THE HARD PART IS FOLLOWING THRU ON GOD'S INSTRUCTION...BUT.... "THOSE THAT WAIT ON THE LORD" (NOT THE THING OR EVENT} BUT THE LORD ..SHALL RENEW THEIR STRENGTH" LOVE YOU TONS!!!!!!!!!! NANCY

Anonymous said...

WITHOUT YOUR BLOG WOULD BE LIKE LIVING WITHOUT SUNSHINE AND WITHOUT ENJOYING YOUR FIRST CUP OF COFFEE.YOUR BLOG IS LIKE THE DAILY PAPER AND YOUR FIRST MEAL OF THE DAY.WITHOUT IT ISNT JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. DONT STOP WRITING BECAUSE YOUR WRITING ABILITY SEEMS TO NOT GENERATE COMMENTS.HOW MANY COMMENTS WERE WRITTEN WHEN DIFFERENT PEOPLE CAME TO RESPOND TO YOUR MANY NEEDS.NONE WERE EXPECTED but THEY ALL WANTED TO UNPUNCTURE YOUR EARS.ITS PROBABLY WHY THEY CLOSED DOWN SO YOU WOULDNT BE ABLE TO SEE OR HEAR THE EFFECT YOUR BLOG HAS ON YOUR READERS.how many times have we thanked a preacher,teacher,or laborer for the sermon preached,the lessons taught,and the work performed.It very seldom happens BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN THAT THEIR WORK ISNT TAKEN SERIOUSLY OR APPRECIATED.WE JUST EXPECT TOO MUCH FOR TOO LITTLE.READING THE SCRIPTURE AND THAN INTERPRETING IT TO OUR LIVES DOESNT ALWAYS JEL BUT IT DOES WORK OUT.SOMETIMES IT TAKES A WHILE SO BE PATIENT,KEEP A SMILE ON YOUR SNOOT,AND KEEP BLOGGING AWAY.HAVE YOU STARTED YOUR BOOK YET FOR TOO TIGHT TUESDAY?
H

Alice said...

Hmm, you say "I put my thoughts out there, hoping you all will respond by leaving a comment" whereas I see your thoughts as comments for us, the readers, something we readers need and/or want to hear. It's like sending someone a thank you card for the thank you card you received! It's just not done. By writing a blog you should already be aware of grateful readers. It's time for YOU to approve what you're doing and not wait for us to approve you. You can see by the world wide readers that you're obviously touching on key issues (words) for humans everywhere.
Secondly, here below I read "All comments must be approved by the blog author." For all I know you receive tons of comments but don't approve of any and therefore don't publish them! I don't know how it works. All I know is: do things because YOU know YOU want to and need to do them. Don't keep waiting for the approval. Start giving yourself the positive strokes you deserve. You are a gifted writer.

Anonymous said...

Being Transparent and Than waiting to do another blog IS NOT going to make us readers very happy.Start doing what you do best by blogging,reaching,teaching,and preaching so DO IT Before you forget it
J