Friday, February 12, 2010

Playing "Catch-Up" (or is it Ketchup?)

As you can see, my WONDERFUL husband was able to help me with my picture-posting dilemma. Yeah, Bill!!! Here are a few of the things we have been doing the last few weeks...
This is one of my sweet little students that I teach every afternoon. She is quite remarkable! She is only in second grade, but she has lived in Mexico, Argentina, Romania, and Italy. She speaks four languages! Spanish is spoken at home, but she is in a traditional English-speaking classroom. I am so proud of her! She came to our country with no knowledge of English, and now she is at the top of her class in all of her subjects! I also teach her little sister who is in Kindergarten. She is making tremendous strides as well!
Here's my guy standing next to a cutout of Dave Ramsey. Dave recently spoke in Houston and we were gifted with the opportunity to hear him speak. Wow! Is he dynamic! His money strategies are based on sound, Biblical, common sense truths. I gleaned much from his wisdom but also from his speaking style. He had a HUGE crowd to entertain for five hours and he made the time fly!

Here is my handsome Prince of a man! Can you believe he will be turning old in just a few weeks? I hate to say the number because every time I do, it makes ME feel ancient! Suffice it to say, this man will always be young at heart!
And here's a picture of me. I look puffier that ever thanks to my "Prednisone/Steroid Buddies" that I have to take because of my precious ears (said with clenched teeth!!!).
And here I am at a book signing with Beth Moore. She is such a talented speaker and writer and she is my inspiration. Needless to say, it was thrilling to meet her. I held her hand extra long, just hoping some of her talent would flow into my veins!!!
Here she is, signing my book! And she has that "deer in the headlights" look about her because she is trying to think of just the right words to write to me! LOL

Her new book is about saying good-bye to self-esteem and finding our identity in Christ. I have learned so much from her books, "Breaking Free" and "Get Out Of That Pit!". Beth lives here in Houston and has a massive Bible Study that she teaches every Tuesday evening. My goal is to attend one of her studies.

Some awesome things happened while I was there. I met several interesting women while standing in line. When I entered the store, the lady in charge interviewed me a bit. As I was leaving she came up to me again and said, "You told me you do some speaking. Do you have a card? I spoke to the manager of this store and he would like to have your card on file and also put it up on their Community Board. Would that be okay?" Woo-Hoo! Thank you, Lord!

At the end of this month I will be teaching at a Women's Retreat in Biloxi, Mississippi. It is based on Isaiah and the many ways God shows His love for us. Then, the first week in March I speak in Chicago for the World Home Bible League. I will be sharing our family's Katrina experience, based on Psalm 23.

That catches you up on our recent comings and goings...

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm doing Beth Moore's Bible study on Esther here on Marco. She's dynamite. Luvya, Kare