Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Wish I had A Thrilling, Edge - O f - Your - Seat, Story

Oh, my! Friends, I have not felt like writing. I have not felt like chatting, or cooking, or cleaning, or doing much of anything else lately. My ears have just worn me down! But no more will my emotions bow to the disabled orifices that protrude from either side of my head! No, sir! Not me!

Oh, who am I kidding?!!! The ears have not popped yet. (Notice I refer to them as the ears? I refuse to claim them as my ears until they get their act together!)

On Monday, I called Dr. Klink. I used to smile when I said his name...the cuteness wore off at my third visit! But, I digress...Dr. Klink would be out of the office until Wednesday, the nice office lady told me. I asked if there was any way I could get an appointment ASAP because my ears were creating lots of anxiety. She pulled my chart, looked over his notes, and said I could come in on Wednesday at 10:45 for the procedure. She also advised me to have someone accompany me to the office because I would not be able to drive myself home. No Problemo!!

Bill took 4 hours off from work, I canceled all of my classes, and off we went to dear Dr. Klink.
The nurse told Bill and I to start in the first room and she would get the bed ready in the other room where I would have my ear drums opened (aka "lanced").

DDK (dear Dr. Klink) looked in my ears, sat down, and looked at Bill. He said he was sorry to have inconvenienced him. (HEY, BUDDY! WHAT ABOUT ME!!! YOU KNOW...THE LADY YOU TOLD EIGHT WEEKS AGO THAT THIS SHOULD CLEAR UP IN NO TIME!!!) He then explained how he would feel much better if I would let the ears (I want you to know that I just erased "these ears of mine" and typed "the ears"!) on their own. I grimaced, he could tell I was upset...and I had all I could do to keep from clunking Klink!!! Needless to say, I had a meltdown in the hallway of the medical building. The Dr. was right about one thing...I was in no shape to drive myself home!

Thanks for letting me vent. I know this is not anything serious like having a tumor or having cancer, so I am now resolved to get on with life...

On a lighter note, I have not been rolled up in a ball in bed. Here are a few things Bill and I have done since I last wrote on my blog...

Well, maybe not! I tried and tried to download a few pictures but I am having technical difficulties (that's code for "I don't know what I'm doing!), so check back later after the big guy gets home and can hopefully fix the problem.

3 comments:

nancy said...

I'm so glad to see you haven't given up on your blog!!!!!!!!!!It's good for you to write and it's awesome for all your readers to read!!!even though you don't get alot of comments, We are all lazy and are speechless by your gift of writing ! PLEAASSE don't stop!! LOVE YOU TONS, nancy

nancy said...

I'm sooooo glad to see you haven't given up on your blog!!!!!!!It's good for you to write and it's awesome for your readers to read! I know you wish you had more comments but we are lazy and are left speechless by your talent for writing!! PLLEEAASSEE DON'T STOP!! love you tons XOXOXO

Laura said...

wondered where you'd been. :-( Was going to hunt you down on facebook and start harassing you if there still wasn't something new on here. I'm sorry your ears are still so messed up! What a total drag! Hope things heal up quicklyer (like that word?). Love you!!!!!