Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sorry....

Sorry that you have had to endure a "no blog" week again! Here's a brief update...

My ears have still not "popped"! You know that annoying feeling that you get when you go swimming and you just can't get the water out? Well, that's kind of what this feels like. I went to the ENT on Tuesday and he said they were improving. (They are??) I asked him if I would be able to fly on Thursday. I had an Alumni Board mtg. at Trinity, plus a fun weekend planned in Chicago with Elise, my sister, Nancy, and some college friends. The answer was "NO!"

This is the second big disappointment these ears of mine have caused me. It's been a L-O-N-G week journaling about what it means to "trust" in God's plans.

The good side of this is that I was able to exchange my ticket for another trip to Chicago. Only this time Bill and David get to travel with me!!! I sure hope my ears are fully recovered by then! Elise has always wanted her Daddy to see her at Trinity, so now she can! This trip co-insides with a speaking engagement I have in Chicago...a talk about Katrina.

On a lighter note, Facebook friends have been changing their profile pictures with celebrities that they look like. I think this is pretty close to me...this is Joanne Worley from Laugh-In...what do you think? Do you see the similarity?



1 comment:

Alice said...

Joanne Worley should be so lucky!!
Just skyped you asking about your trip to TCC and see now that you couldn't go. What a shame but good decision. Hope they pop soon!