Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ear Update

My ears. My poor, pitiful ears. They are still "congested". They don't seem to be getting any better. In fact, I had to cancel a class on Wednesday so I could return home and take some pain medicine. A friend told one of her friends about my ear story. Apparently she brought her son to a chiropractor and was able to avoid having plugs put in her son's ears. So, I thought I would give the same doctor a try.

I made the appointment and went in that same day. He thoroughly informed me about chiropractic care and throughout the whole lecture this little voice inside my head was screaming, "I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE DEFINITION OF SUBLAXATION!!!!! FIX MY EARS!!!!" But this Dr. was having done of that. No sir-reee. He told me that I needed a scan and an x-ray and to come back in the morning.

My ears and I were not happy about having to go to the doctor at 7:00 in the morning to make an 8:00 appointment. But we went anyway, hoping that with one quick snap my ears would miraculously open and I would return to "normal" (and I do use that word loosely!).

Well, I got another lecture. Apparently he has never seen a neck as bad as mine! He said he was surprised I'm not having more problems than just my ears. I'm sitting there, pretending to be listening, but once again that little voice inside my head was shouting, "THIS SOUNDS LIKE A SETUP!" I DIDN'T JUST ROLL OFF THE TURNIP TRUCK, BUSTER!! LET'S GET TO THE EARS!!!"

After going to two different stations to "warm up" my spine and neck, I finally got to lay on the table. He popped my back once, each side of my neck, and then he pulled each earlobe so hard that all I could think of was what my life would now be like living with ear lobes that were forever going to hang down to my shoulders!

Nothing miraculous happened. I waited all day. Nothing. I woke up with eager anticipation. Nothing. If anything, they seem a little worse today. I called the ENT, but he was out of the office and won't be back until Monday. Maybe Monday will be my day for a miracle....

No comments: