Saturday, January 9, 2010

Pictures!

I will be gone for a few days. We are making a quick trip to the Gulf Coast to see our son and to retrieve our daughter. So in my absence, I will post a few pictures for your viewing enjoyment.

I no longer teach in a traditional classroom. Since moving to Houston, I have become an independent contractor. I work for different families and have many different students. They range from Kindergarten ESL to a Chemical Engineer and pretty much everything in between.It keeps me on my toes and I find it to be oh-so-very-rewarding!

Every morning I begin my day by teaching two home schooled students, Christopher and Oksana. We have so much fun together! Just before our Christmas break, we took a field trip to the Houston Children's Museum. They had a wonderful display from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. It was magical! We entered the exhibit by groping our way through the wardrobe - fur coats and all! And as we entered Narnia, it was SNOWING!!!

Oksana, ready to fight against the evil forces!

Aslan greeting us at the entrance to the exhibit.



Waiting with eager anticipation to walk into the wardrobe!

Getting ready to begin our journey!

Art class???


Teacher with her two favorite students!


Christopher concentrating on his Gingerbread House.


Oksana working on her spelling.


Oh, the wonder of geometry!










1 comment:

nancy said...

Great job with your Birthday pictures!! I especially like the little ol lady with Elise @ Panera! You should have invited her to the party! Your students look very nice too! Looks like they love their teacher! You are awesome! LUV Ya, Nancy