Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Trees and Ears and Doctors

They have a saying in the South that I don't think I ever heard in Michigan. When a person feels really sick, he/she says "I'm feeling really puny (pew-knee)!" Well, today I'm feeling really puny. I called my own doctor today and she is back in town. I was able to see her at 4:30 and Bill worked through his lunch hour - bless his heart! - to be able to come home and take me to the doctor.


We pulled into the parking lot of the medical clinic, and there, in front of us was a tree the looked rather, well, puny! No leaves at all, just kinda' shakin' in the lot 'cause it's rather cold here in Houston.



I said to Bill, "That tree looks how I feel!" He smiled at me and said, "Just wait until Spring!"

Ah, my man! Says so few words, but when he does, they're zingers!


UM, correct me if I'm wrong, but when your doctor looks into your ears and says, "Ewww! Ouch!" does that mean she relates to my ear pain? She added steroids to my list of pills and sent me on my way. I really pray that God uses this medicine to take down the swelling enough to let my ears drain properly. I'll let you know the outcome tomorrow...




No comments: