Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!


I hope you are all having a wonderful day and can be around people that you love and love you in return. I have many friends for whom this is a day of anguish and torture. The whole world seems to be in love, while they feel alone and dicouraged. To many, this day seems to amplify their desperate longing to be loved.

I've known those feelings. During what seemed like an eternity in the desert with no companion in sight, I longed for the love that my heart had been allowed to taste and experience. One of the things I remember missing most was just hearing a song on the radio and knowing it was "our song"! Isn't that funny? I missed the music of love.

It was during that time that God revealed this verse to me. I know He had to show it to me, because it is found in Zephaniah! I don't know about you, but I can not to this day think of a time when it ever crossed my mind to go to the Bible and start to read from Zephaniah!

This is the beautiful promise God shared with me way back when:

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day. And for those of you who are lonely or you miss the one that in years past made you feel so very special, or maybe you feel like you will never, ever experience a soul-satisfying love, to you I share this special Valentine from God. He is with you, He delights in you! And He could choose to live anywhere in this whole universe, but He longs to live in YOUR heart!

No comments: