Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Reformation Day!

When I think of Reformation Day, I think of Martin Luther. I read such a fun article about him the day...never thought I would use the word "fun" to describe Martin!!!! Take the challenge
and read it for yourself. I promise that you will never think of him in the same way.
http://www.boundless.org/2005/articles/a0001696.cfm

The article shares one of my favorite stories from his marriage to Katie (who was a "hoot" as well ! She escaped the nunnery in a fish barrel!!!) Martin was prone to discouragement. One day Katarina dressed in all black. Luther asked if she was on her way to a funeral. She told him that from the way he had been acting, God must have surely died, so she just thought she would mourn along with him. Cheered Luther right up! What a gal!

Enjoy your day!

No comments: