Saturday, October 30, 2010

Two More New Friends

Here are two more WONDERFUL speakers that we heard on our "Girl's Get Away" cruise:

This is a picture of speaker/author Carol Kent with her son Jason. Carol has experienced a parent's worst nightmare. Her only son is in jail without the possibility of parole. Her story about this most unexpected journey is riveting; it is truly a story of the tender grace and mercy she experienced during dark, dark days. She is an excellent speaker (infact, I hope that I will be able to attend her speaking seminar this coming summer!), but her books are also highly recommended!

Carol and her husband recently received more devastating news. After spending countless hours of work on behalf of their son, their request for a clemency hearing was denied. Carol said she sobbed at this news. Jason, however, was at complete peace.“Mom and Dad, if God chooses to allow me to walk in freedom in this lifetime, it won’t be because I received the favor of well-connected politicians and attorneys. It will be because God moved in the hearts of decision makers in a miraculous way. I am content with that. My heart hurts for the family of the deceased and I hope that someday they will be able to forgive me.”

If you or a friend are walking through the valley, google her name and check out her books!




This is a picture of Angela Thomas and her husband, Scott. Angela walked through a devastating divorce and spent many "beyond difficult" days as a single Mom. She is so much fun to listen to...her heart is so tender when she relates her journey with her Shepherd! Her books are also great...and wonderful to share with a small group or a weekend retreat with women. If you want to read more about her story, this is a good place to visit: http://www.brooklynrail.org/2005/01/express/the-angela-thomas-story

Over the past few days, I have shared five dynamic women of faith with you. God has used each one of these women to help me in my walk with Him. What I find so interesting is how God uses such "out-of-the-box" experiences to reveal His heart of love. These are women that have gone through abortion, divorce, rebellion, and even murder, and yet they are joyful, vibrant witnesses of God's redeeming, unfailing love! They make me want to sing out Love, so AMAZING, so DIVINE, demands my soul, my life, my all!



No comments: