Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cruising with Karen

This is a picture of Karen Kingsbury, the "hostess" of the cruise that my Mom and sisters just went on. Karen is a famous author. She is a prolific writer. Her stories cover a plethora of subjects....her latest book that I am currently reading is entitled Unlocked and deals with the topic of autism.

Karen is one of those people that embodies the phrase, "beautiful, inside and out!". She has a true "servant's heart". She has achieved great fame and notoriety, and yet she is so sincere and caring and gracious to everyone she meets. She never tires of people asking her for a picture or an autograph.

I enjoyed hearing her share how she became a Christian. I also enjoyed hearing her words of encouragement to us...she said that each of us has our own story to tell to others. That's one of the things I try to do on this blog...just share my everyday story and the many ways that I see God at work.

Okay, so now you met our "hostess". And next, I'll try to post a few highlights from our trip...

2 comments:

nancy said...

okie dokie ..... can you use the pictures from the smilebox or would you like them on a cd? it takes so long for the computer to send them one by one .. or i can just send the ones you want let me know love you & miss you!!

Blah, Blah, Blah! said...

I'll use the ones from Smilebox...no problems...BE HAPPY!!! XOXO