Saturday, October 9, 2010

My, Oh My, What A Wonderful Day!


Today was just one of those exceptional days...the kind of day that makes me want to whistle "Zippa Di Do Da"!!! Remember that old song?


Earlier this week I got a phone call offering me a free facial, so I made an appointment for this morning at 10:45. I slept in until 8:00...sheer luxury! And after a few errands, I made my way to my facial appointment. Ahhhhhhh! I haven't had a facial since....I have no idea. Anyway, the experience was a true delight.


The weather added to my exceptional day. I LOVE this time of year in the South. The air feels sooooooo much better without all that horrible humidity! It was a true joy to be walking (or, in my case, limping...still have a bad knee!) outside.


When I returned home, Bill and David were in the mood to take a ride in the country. So we meandered through some back roads. I had so idea where we were. At one point I asked Bill if he knew where we were. "Yes", he said. "In Texas!". Thanks, Bill!


Well, wherever we were, it was gorgeous! We passed signs informing us that we were in Austin County and then in Waller County. We passed acres of land, and thousands of cows, and finally ended up on Kickapoo Avenue! Um, I knew we were lost when we ended up in a place called "Kickapoo"!


Equally wonderful was our travel chatter. For awhile we talked about John Lennon. Today would have been his 70th birthday. We talked about some of his songs. Bill absolutely detests the lyrics of the song, "Imagine". Then we talked about songs that sound so nice, but mean absolutely nothing....songs like "Michael Rowed the Boat Ashore". Do you know that one? Great melody...fun to harmonize with...even sounds kinda' religious! But think about the words. Empty.


Anyhoo, if you were a fly on the wall or a bird in the air, you would have witnessed three people, tooling down Kickappo Avenue, singing "Michael Rowed the Boat Ashore" at the top of their lungs, scaring all the poor cows in the county! Yup, a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Fogra said...

It was nice reading ur blog
kindly visit
Moore hall..one of the oldest estate in Ireland:
Please read & comment on my new post.
MOORE HALL-Travelogue
http://mo-tuairimi.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

Harvey sang the Zippitydo song at our 60's party at Marco PCA last Spring so we heard it a lot then (as he was practicing). Also a tidbit on the "Michael" song. We heard a rendition in Branson with the words changed to "My goat knows the bowling score" Funny!!