Thursday, October 28, 2010

WHOA!!!!

Just woke up, turned on the computer, and was "welcomed" by MSN (it always says Good Morning, William! or Good Afternoon, William!), and read this glaring headline:

RETAIL THERAPY MAY BE MAKING YOU SICK!

Well! That was a most unwelcome thought! This is NOT what I was going to write about today, but this news was so upsetting to me that I have to just take a moment and breathe DEEPLY...


Okay, I'm back! Yeserday, I introduced you to Karen Kingsbury. Today you are going to meet Lysa TerKurst and Renee Swope, two more women that spoke to us on the cruise. These are founders of Proverbs 31 ministries I hope you will visit their website at http://www.provers31ministries.org/. That's where you can meet them and read their stories. Both women have active families, both have adopted children from Africa, both have written books, and both have fairly heavy speaking schedules. In otherwords, they are living My dream! But both of them are down-to-earth, real women that realize it is the God they serve that makes their lives extraordinary.

Lysa brought her daughter on the cruise and Renee brought her whole family! A year ago, Renee and her family adopted a little girl from Africa. I followed her adoption story on Renee's blog. So imagine my delight when I ran into the whole family, got to see the baby, and also got to introduce all of them to my mom and sisters. It was a joy to hear them speak on the cruise. Infact, my sister Karen said it best when she said, I loved what Renee shared: Your mess, with age, becomes your message!

So true! Once again, by sharing their stories with us, they encouraged us to share our story with others...to share our messes and the glorious ways God turns them into something beautiful! So how about YOU? Gotta a good story waiting to be told????? (and don't forget to visit that website I told you about...go...right now!)

Lysa's family

One of Lysa's books


Renee on the cruise ship, sharing her Mess and Age

Renee's family

No comments: