Monday, September 29, 2008

What a Fabulous Trip!

I just returned to Houston tonight. What a fabulous time I had visiting family and friends! I have lots of pictures to post and stories to tell, but tonight I'm pretty tired, and I begin teaching tomorrow morning (and still need to make lesson plans!). Anyway, I will post just a little bit before I call it a day...

This is my granddaughter, Leilani. She is seven years old and in second grade. Our son, Ted (her Daddy). and Leilani were at the airport in Grand Rapids to pick Bill and I up at 11:15 in the evening. Leilani goes to an all-year school, so she had the week off. She was able to spend the night with us and have a slumber party with her Gandma! We had so much fun that she decided to stay a second night.

This is Leilani's Mother, Lily. Lily was born in Taiwan and came to the United States when she was about five years old. Her father was a professor in a Dutch community in Iowa when Lily was young. She said she was featured in a Tulip Festival parade, and she was dressed as a little Dutch girl! I wish we had pictures of that!

And this is our son, Ted, playing with their son, Bill. He is named after his Grandpa, but I think they will soon call him Will instead of Bill.

This is our handsome grandson, Bill. Bill is four years old and is autistic. He is not verbal yet, so his teachers are trying to teach him sign language. He is full of energy, has a beautiful smile, and is very bright and curious!

It was so good to spend a few days with Ted and Lily and their children. We don't get to see them too often, so our visits with them are cherished!

Okay...that's it for tonight, and I will share more of my trip tomorrow. Night!

No comments: