Monday, September 15, 2008

My Worst Nightmare!!!

I'm EXCITED!!! On Thursday I will be flying to Grand Rapids to spend time with my Mom and sisters. I'm looking forward to visits with family and friends. I love meeting up with friends that I only get to see every couple of years and just spend time filling in the gaps of what we've been up to since we last met. I love that about friends...I love the ways that years can pass without seeing one another, and yet friends can just pick right back up - without skipping a beat - and catch up with one another's lives.

The main reason I'm going up North (beside seeing my family!) is that I am on the alumni board of my college. On Friday, September 26, I meet with the board, but I also have been asked to speak in chapel that morning. I LOVE reconnecting with old friends from college - a few of them are even professors at the college! And, of course, I'll also be relishing my time in downtown Chicago. I used to live and work on Michigan Avenue, and I Love, Love, Love walking arounnd my old hangouts and just enjoying the city. I'm hoping that this time I will FINALLY get to see "WICKED". My sister and I will be staying right on Michigan Avenue at the Marriot and I can hardly contain my excitement!!

Today a friend sent me this. I've been laughing all morning. And, of course, with a speaking engagement coming up soon, this is my worst nightmare. Hope I don't make any flubs like this one! Well, gotta go and get ready for my trip! Did I tell you, I'M EXCITED!!??!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Mom,
That was funny! He's right, that would make history!
Love ya!
Laura

Henry said...

Have a Great Time in Chicago & with your Family & your sisters.Enjoy.
your blog is real neat & since i know a little bit about you from your sister nancy the reading of it has brought smiles.i think more exciting & different things happen to you than your other sisters maybe because you were the baby of the family & your the youngest so therefore you have that much more vim,vigor,vitality,