Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dr. Evans

No church today...all services are cancelled down here because of the storm. Over one million Houstonians are without power and most everything is closed. It's hard to get out and about right now because of all the debris that needs to be cleared from the roads. It's also dangerous to drive - many of the traffic lights are either out or dangling from wires.

I had my own little church service. While the rest of my family was sleeping, I listened to a sermon I had downloaded onto my ipod. The sermon was by a pastor from Dallas, Dr. Tony Evans. Bill heard him at a conference in New Orleans, and I hear him every morning on the radio as I drive to work. He's so dynamic and hearing him preach is a great way for me to start my day.

Here's little example of his preaching style. If you like listening to him, visit his website (www.tonyevans.org)and you can hear even more! Have a blessed beginning to the new week ahead! Hugs!

No comments: