Thursday, July 29, 2010

Repairs


Car breaks down...you bring it to the shop.
Appliances break...you call the repair man.
But where do you go when your heart is shattered?

These last few months have been very difficult ones for me for reasons too numerous or too personal to write about here. Many days I have just been so jarred by life's circumstances and many days I have felt like just packing it in...feeling too wounded to face one more battle. Sometimes unseen wounds are the most devastating to handle. We look okay to everyone - can even fake it for awhile - but oh, the ache! I know you've felt like that too. It's part of life.

That's why I want to share this devotion with you that I read this morning. It was like applying the best, most comforting salve to my battered and bruised heart.

My child, all My children suffer "breakdowns" in their walls from one time or another. Those gaps in your armor where sin has broken through, those tears in your heart that thoughtless actions ripped away, those tornadoes that ripped through your life without warning - I've seen them all, My child. But I am the Repairer of Broken Walls - and that includes your heart. Restoration is my specialty. I'm always gentle but thorough. Give me your heart daily. I'll do the rest.

Oh, love that will not let me go

I rest my weary soul in Thee.


No comments: