Friday, July 16, 2010

Me And My Knee


Today I went to the doctor. It's been a week of R.I.C.E. without any improvement (rest, ice, compression, and elevation). She said it appears to be a torn ligament, but she referred me to an orthopedic doctor. I also asked her to take a look at my right ear. She said I need to go back to Dr. Klinke. Bill also went to the doctor. He woke up with an eye infection (blocked tear ducts). We must have looked like quite the couple as we entered the office - me limping, holding on to Bill's arm for dear life, as Bill, with his one good eye, found us a place to sit in the waiting room.


I wonder if people thought we had a fight with each other - I scratched his eyes so he hit me in the knee!
We are now both on medication - steroids for me and eye drops for him. I'm also in a knee brace.
After I tutored, we had a family pool night. Ah, it felt so relaxing!
Elise went to Red Box and picked up a movie, so soon we will have a "Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun" night together. Great beginning to the weekend!

2 comments:

nancy said...

I'm glad you went to the Dr.!!! Sorry to hear it is a torn ligament!! Are u going to go to the orthopedic Dr? That might take a while to heal but we will pray you will heal faster than anyone ever has!! Sorry about Bills eye too! You certainly have had lots of different plagues and I'm so sorry!!Please stay strong and encourage each other............ sending love and hugs to u both!!

Blah, Blah, Blah! said...

Thank you, Nancy! xoxo