Monday, July 19, 2010

Matthew 10:39

Sparrows. They are cute little birds, aren't they? I think that Christians like sparrows because Jesus used sparrows as an example of how lovingly we are watched over and provided for by our Heavenly Father.

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?

Yet not one of them will fall to the ground without the will of your Father.

Matthew 10:39

A while back, this pictorial was making its way through the e-mail circuit. Maybe you received it. I filed it away with the idea of using it at a later date. Well, today I'm sharing it with myself. Today I need to be reminded that I am a child of the King. I need to be reminded that God has always provided for my needs and that He always will. My job is not to worry.

Here is the e-mail that I think perfectly illustrates how even the birds are cared for...



A photgrapher noticed a group of birds that were resting at the side of the road. One of them was hit and injured by a passing car. The remarkable series of photos that follow tell a very tender story of love and loss.


The mate of the injured bird flies over to be of help.


He realizes that his mate is gone and seems to send out a message of grief.

He attentively stays by her side and seems to be crying over her.


The photographer said the bird lingered by her side
and then flew to a nearby tree where he seemed to send out a long, mournful cry.


I don't know what kind of birds these are (love birds?), but don't they illustrate the words of Jesus in a fresh and new and tender way? I can't help but sing, "His Eye Is On The Sparrow"!




No comments: