Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What A Difference A Day Makes!

This morning as I weeded my way through the list of 189 emails that found their way to my mailbox during the night (where does all this junk come from???), my eyes landed upon a gem!!!! It was a reply to my request to be on the waiting list for the She Speaks Conference. This is the exact email: OK – this isn’t much notice but I can squeeze you in but only if you register before the end of the day. I have to close registration tomorrow morning and won’t be able to add anyone after that.

I immediately thanked God for such a fast and direct answer to my prayer, (all of our prayers...I know many of you prayed that I would make the wait list) and then ran to tell Bill the good news. I explained again the "what, where, and when" details to refresh his memory and saved the biggest detail for last...the cost. We prayed, and he gave me his blessing and approval to attend. Another wonderful way God has taken care of me is through a friend that offered me a round trip ticket! I'm tellin' y'all, my cup is overflowing BIGTIME!

Well, after such a glorious morning, we decided to take a ride. David had the day off, so the three of us drove to a little town called Kemah. We had never been there before and it was the perfect place to spend a relaxing afternoon. Kemah is about 45 miles to our south, near Galveston. It is located right on Galveston Bay, so we sat for a long time just watching the boats and enjoying the breeze off the bay. It has a great boardwalk, lots of fun shops, and many amusement park rides. It was just an all-out wonderful day.

Thank you, my faithful readers, for praying for me. Now, let's keep praying for a job for Bill....


Passing the "Oil Industry" on our way to Kemah

I just plain love this man

My dates for the day


Entrance to the Kemah Boardwalk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...glad I wasn't one of the 189 junk emails! That's a lot! Also glad that life is good and windows are opening; enjoy the view! And speaking of views, I enjoyed the pictures of loving family relationships; gotta love Wednesdays!
Hope Bill gets the job, or another, and hope you're #1 on the waiting list! big hug, Alice