Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Blessed Assurance

Today I dusted off the gloom and went to Bible Study. We are working our way through a book entitled Assured by God. Each chapter is authored by a brilliant writer of the Reformed persuasion. Men like Sinclair Ferguson, Jerry Bridges, and R.C. Sproul. It was a wonderful time spent discussing the importance of assurance in the believer's life. Afterwards we had a wonderful brunch at the Egg and I. I was enriched by food for my soul as well as food for my body. Many of the women gave me good ideas on places to seek out teaching jobs, and for that I am also thankful.
When I woke up this morning, about the last place in the world that I wanted to be was surrounded by people. When I'm stressed, I tend to close down and retreat. I'm so glad God gave me His strength to push those feelings aside this morning and just go, whether I felt like it or not.
No job prospects that we know of, but Bill keeps sending out resumes on a daily basis. For now, we are asking God to enable us to focus on all we have to be thankful for and to trust in His ability to meet our needs.

No comments: