Thursday, July 30, 2009

I've Arrived!

Right now I am in the lobby of the Sheraton Hotel in Charlotte, North Carolina. Bill and I left the house this morning at 4 am to make it to the airport on time. Needless to say,I am VERY tired and I am now ready to call it a day. Here are a few of my highlights:


  • I was amazed at how busy the airport is at 5 am! The security line was long and slow.

  • I had every intention of checking by bags. When I found out the charges, I decided not to check anything...DUMB idea!! As I stood in line, I realized my hairspray would not pass inspection, so I had to throw it away. Next, I had to rummage through my suitcase to find my liquids and prove that they were in a ziplock bag. The clincher came when I overheard the inspector stop my bag, intently squint at his x-ray screen,, and ask (LOUDLY!!) who it belonged to...oh, GREAT!!! One of his buddies took me to the end of the table and asked me if I had a scissors (!!!!)in my luggage. Guilty as charged. Why, you ask? Well, it seemed like a good idea when I was packing. I didn't want to buy a short-sleeved white shirt, but I wasn't quite ready to slice off the sleeves at home, so I tucked my scissors in my bag. Not just any scissors, mind you. There were top quality scissors that my mom gave me, that I only took out to use on sewing projects. To see them in the hands of a security guard at 5 am was not fun or funny. They were discarding a part of my inheritance from my mother!! But now, alas, I like to think that my scissors and hairspray are together, "in a better place", as they say.

  • I picked up my rental car and it is the exact color and model that my sister drives.

Tomorrow I drive to Concord, about 30 minutes from here. This is where the convention will be held and I'm really anticipating all God is ready to teach me! Hope I can sleep ok without my scissors! More later...HUGS!

No comments: