Saturday, July 18, 2009

Nine Friends and A Pool

Yesterday I had so much fun. My friend Anna and her eight (yes, I said
E I G H T ! ) children came over and we spent a good bit of the day in the pool. Kate Gosselin needs to witness Anna in action...she handles all the children with such patience and ease - no fussing and yelling like you hear on Jon and Kate Plus Eight. She assigned each child a "Buddy" that they are responsible for. She even had special time in the pool with each of the children; whether they were on the slides or in the shallow kiddies pool, she made time for each one. And the children are so polite and well-behaved. I'm telling you, she is one wonderful Mom! As we piled in the van to go home, she asked Emma to give her a head count before she left the parking lot. She let her 4 year old have a sleep over at Miss Joyce's. I'm telling you, she is just the "diversion" Bill and I need right now. Mikalah's got such spunk and her mega-watt smile can light up a room.
We took her to McDonald's for supper and then took a brief trip to the mall. Mr. Bill was sweet-talked into taking a train ride at the mall. I wish I had a video of him trying to fit himself inside of the train car. It kind of reminded me of the circus and you wonder how so many clowns can fit into such a little car.

Then it was on to the house to make a tent and play with Elise's Beanie Babies. She finally fell asleep in my arms while watching Strawberry Shortcake, only to wake up again when Mr. Bill carried her to bed. She had to make sure that I would sleep with her.

This morning we took a trip to the the beauty parlor! Miss Bridgette washed and braided her hair. I think all the ladies were trying to figure out who I was, why I had this cute little girl with me and probably laughing at me that I didn't have a clue what to do with her hair. Anyway, she once again charmed the socks off of everyone.

Here's a few of the things we did:






Giving her best fiend, Mr. Bill, plenty of hugs.

Striking a pose in front of her tent.

Wondering when the rain will stop.


Just bein' cute!



Deciding it is WAY too hot to play outside with the dog!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joyce, these shots are really good of Mikalah. I seem to never get such good focus. The one with her on Bill's lap is really cute. Anna

Alice said...

What fun! I would love to see the whole Anna family so next time - group picture.