Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Just Chillin'

This is our son, David. I'm looking forward to spending some special time with him tomorrow on his day off.
This is our daughter, Elise. She just called to tell me she has a bad sinus infection. She lives in Mobile, Alabama and I wish she was closer...especially when she is sick.

Elise


Bella, the cat that is driving me nuts!



Nothing too eventful to report. Here are a few bullet points so I can keep my blog up-to-date:



  • Bill and I have rediscovered the joy of being together. It just feels so amazing to both of us to have time to actually spend together. So we have determined to see this lay off as a blessing and we are going to enjoy the time off of work.
  • And speaking of the lay-off, I was goofing around with his phone while he was driving me to an appointment yesterday. I could tell he had voice mail waiting for him, but I had no clue how to access the messages...his phone is W I E R D !!! Anyway, suddenly I was listening to a voice mail from an engineering firm that wanted to interview him!! While we were in the car, he booked the interview and met with the people that afternoon. Now, we are praying that Bill will be hired, if this is God's will for us at this time. Please join us in prayer.
  • Elise's cat is beautiful and all, but a real pain. She sheds all over the house.
  • I am able to FINALLY attend a women's Bible study at our church! I can't do that during the school year because of my teaching schedule. I went this morning and it was so refreshing to meet with my sister's in Christ. We are reading the book, "Assured By God".Yes, I am still on my diet. I have officially lost 20 pounds, but I'm finding this to be intensely psychological for me...it's as if I keep getting scared to lose weight. Sounds strange, I know. Hmm, sounds like Dr. Phil might have met his match!!

Okay, that's all for now. No, my white jacket doesn't fit yet and yes, I will post more pictures for TOO TIGHT TUESDAYs...I promise!!! And I'm thinking of also starting "Way Too White Wednesdays"...I seriously need a tan!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that your a southern gal
in order to get a good tan you will need some pointers from your sister nancy.She doesnt need any help getting a tan & it just seems to go on gradually each day