Friday, June 12, 2009

Grandma is Busy

Yesterday my mom and I began our day with an early swim in the pool. Then we met up with Aunt Connie and my sister Nancy and enjoyed a fabulous breakfast at The Omelet Shoppe. Grand Rapids always amazes me with its seemingly endless variety of restaurants. They also seem to offer an equally endless supply of coupons and specials that entice people to eat out. Well, it worked for us! We each had fresh squeezed oj, an omelet with our choice of cheese, veggie and meat, and our choice of bread. My favorite there is the Oat Bran Cherry with icing...soooo good!!




Aunt Connie and Mom


Nancy and I


Me, just happy being with family

Nancy and I dropped Aunt Connie and mom off at their condos and headed out for a girl's day out. We had fun exploring cute little gift shops, sat in a coffee shop so I could hook up to wi-fi, and laughed...we laughed a lot!!!


At 5:30, our oldest son, Ted, picked me up so I could see Leilani (our granddaughter) perform in her end-of-the-year musical. They performed Alice in Wonderland and Leilani was a flower - the most beautiful flower on stage!!!




Leilani in full bloom!


Leilani with her friend, Norah


Sweet Leilani celebrating sweet success with a sweet treat from Arnies

A proud Grandma

While walking through the halls, I noticed they used Leilani's story as an example of excellent work!

The proud parents, Lilly and Ted

No comments: