Friday, June 26, 2009

A healthy fig tree
Thought the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
Habakkuk 3:17-18
This verse has always been one of favorites. Once again God is reminding Bill and I that He is a Sovereign God, the One Who controls ALL things. Yesterday the phone rang. It was Bill. After only hearing him speak maybe three words, my heart knew the message he was about to share. This would be his last day to work at Waller Marine. They are out of work. When we see the gas prices go down, we all get excited. However, this always indicates bad news for the oil industry. And that's what's happened with Bill's job. They appreciate his hard work and excellent work ethic, but there are no more contracts for him to work on. They will call him back as soon as they have more work...meanwhile, need to pay our bills. But right now, I just have this overwhelming sense of peace and calm - which is NOT from me! - and I know the God that has NEVER let us down will be the same God that meets our needs in His way and in His time. So, I now have a newer, more urgent prayer request that the one I posted on Thursday. Please keep us in your prayers as we look for new work. Thank you all so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Joey, when he closes a door, he opens a window...I will send positive thoughts your way, call it prayer, call it hope. Be strong, be strong, sterkte. Love, Alice

Anonymous said...

Not nice to hear this kind of news. Keep your chin up. God will provide. That's His promise and our prayer. Love, Kare