Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Um...Houston, We Have A Problem!!!

Me, blissfully unaware of all that this new day had to hold!
Elise and I at LaMadeline's
Molly, Elise and Melissa
My sister and her new best friend, Scooter
(She had foot surgery and can't walk on her foot for 8 weeks!)
Nancy and Mom
Karen and I
Karen and Mom
Mom and I
So my sister arrives to pick me up and take me to the airport. She has three grandchildren with her, all eager to come inside the airport because, as Lynnae reminded us, "They might have toys in there!" So we get me and my 782 pounds of luggage checked in, and go off in hot anticipation of TOYS!!! Didn't find anything but pizza and 7-up. After saying our goodbyes (will post those pictures as soon as Nancy sends them to me...meanwhile, here are a few from Kare's birthday lunch), I go through security and arrive at Gate A3. I'm on time - just! - and hope I don't have to wait too long until we board. Wrong!! Three hours and 15 Snickers later we are finally told that our plane had arrived. Apparently the plane was coming from New Jersey and they must have had bad weather. Landed in hot, humid, Houston , got home by 11pm and was greeted by Elise and her friends from Mobile. They knew I hadn't had dinner, so they had a table full of Mexican delights waiting for me...even flowers!!!! Thanks, girls!
Woke up with a HORRIBLE headache...think I have to adjust to this humidity again. Took girls out for lunch and waved good bye as they headed back to Mobile. Then, raced home to take David to work. Laid the car keys down for a second while I checked my email and then headed out the door. Oops! I left my keys inside. David quickly checked his pockets. He didn't have his either. He headed off to see if the friendly pizza man on the corner could drive him to work. I opened all the doors in the car in a futile attempt to maximize airflow, but it still felt like I was going to be headline news: Woman found MELTED on front seat of car. Bill forgot his cell phone. Well, not actually FORGOT it, it just didn't look like it worked because Elise had taken out his SIM card so that she...oh, never mind...bottom line is I was able to reach him at work and they were nice enough to let him come home and rescue me.
He left to get new keys made. We now have 48 hiding in various places throughout greater Houston so that this NEVER happens again! I tried to lay down and get rid of my headache. Then we went to the pool and swam away the tension of the day.
Isn't life FUN!?!?!?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life is fun when you write about it and get us laughing! What a story! Great pictures of your mom and sisters,.. and YOU! What's happening with the Tuesday-white-jacket day? You look great! xx Alice