Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Random Stuff

Today was Bible Study. I only get to attend this study during the summer because of my work schedule. Participating in this study has been on the top of my "Summer To-Do List" for some time now...but then things started to disintegrate.


For the past few days, our computer has been acting weird! First, it started to refuse to print things. Then, it refused to access the Internet. This made it impossible for me to get to the notes I needed for the study. Next, I over slept. Had to forgo getting pretty...I had just enough time to wrestle up some clothes. So off I went to Bible Study...unprepared, AND ugly!!!! Then it started to rain. Hmmm..maybe a sign! Maybe ALL these things were signs...signs that I should just turn the car around and stay at home. Then came the BIG sign...I was late and I missed the turn for the church. Had to turn around on a busy street, facing an onslaught of Houston traffic. I REALLY thought I better just give up. I mean, who wants a late, ugly, unprepared woman coming to their Bible Study????


God, that's Who!!! I'm so thankful I went. Learned a lot!!! Good to fellowship with these ladies that I don't get to spend much time with. (Ewww...bad grammar!) Studying Jonah. Loved this question: "If God is sovereign, and in control of all things, and had made it very clear that Jonah was to go to Nineveh, then WHY was there a boat ready and waiting at the dock, leaving for Tarshish?"


What's YOUR answer??? It reminded me of all the times I make bad decisions based on the thought, "Well, this must be a sign!!!" Reminded today that circumstances NEVER trump what God has made clear in His Word!



Next thing I did today was began to read this book. I'm going to join an on-line study group to discuss what we read. Lysa is the founder of the She Speaks convention that I attended last summer.

And ended my day with a laugh.



A friend of ours from Mississippi put this picture on Facebook and said this is what they had to eat on the Coast since the oil spill has robbed them of their much-loved seafood!

That's it...random thoughts for June 8!

No comments: