Saturday, June 12, 2010

Music!

Day Two for water aerobics and today we had...MUSIC!!! I wish you could all be silent witnesses to our exercise experience. It's hysterical! But at the same time, we are a very special group of diverse women at various ages and stages of our lives, all trying our best to keep fit. What made it so funny today was the music. Yesterday I told you about our 78 year old instructor who sang to us because her CD player didn't work. Well, today it worked and we all huffed and puffed to the music. What made it so surreal is the fact that here I was in a pool in Houston, Texas, with women in their 70's, dancing away to the lyrics of "Dirty White Boy"! If someone had told me 5 years ago that I would be writing that last sentence, I would have found it VERY difficult to believe!
It's miraculous, isn't it, the way that God directs the path of our lives??? Reminds me of one of my favorite verses in Jeremiah: "I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD."
Take a minute today and think of the things you have experienced that you would have never chosen for yourself. Can you see how God has turned it into something beautiful? Or is it something that creates distance between yourself and God?
For too many years I've wrestled with God. Far too often I've distrusted and questioned and blamed. But slowly, over the years, as I've grown closer in my relationship to God, I've become more confident in His love for me. I trust Him more. And what is so amazing to me is that this slow transformation has taken place because of pain and trial and gunky stuff that I would NEVER have selected for my life if I was the one in control.
Yup, God has plans for us! And more and more I'm thankful for those plans.

No comments: