Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 17 - A Very Special Day, Indeed!

Twenty-seven years ago, Bill and I were married! We had fun taking a trip down memory lane, trying to remember as many details of the day as we could. At one time we had a tradition of looking at the VHS tape of the ceremony. Katrina put an end to that. Our tape, our wedding album, my dress...they are all floating around in the Gulf of Mexico. Yikes! I just had a mental picture of my wedding dress covered with all that BP oil!

A few weeks after Katrina, a neighbor came over with this picture and asked if we recognized the couple. The storm had placed our picture in their backyard and they thought that we would like having it returned. So here is our only memento of our wedding:


I kinda' like this picture. It's rich with symbolism!

I thought Bill and I were ancient when we got married...but we actually look kind of young.

Yes, we've weathered many of life's storms together, but God has been faithful!
And here we are today!

May Your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD,
even as we put our hope in You.

Psalm 33:22

2 comments:

Karen said...

You're still lookin' good...and young. Congrats!!

nancy said...

I'll second that!!! Much Love to you both from #2