Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wonderful Lysa

This morning I read my devotion from Lysa TerKeurst, founder of Proverbs 31 ministry. WOW!!!, I thought, this woman can see me way out here in Blogland!! She can see me all tied up in a knot over difficult things I had to endure yesterday. The devotion was a much needed reminder that, "If this is the worst thing that happens to me today, it's still a pretty good day."

So, armed with a better attitude, let me share some things I jotted down in my notes from the conference:
  • If I've never been broken, how can I be restored?
  • We are not doing a "job", but fulfilling a calling.
  • Confirmation from God gives us confidence. And confidence gives us freedom from fear.
  • Don't sacrifice the future on the altar of the immediate.
  • Post regularly! (Advice for having an effective blog)
  • Stop trying to be accepted and start being exceptional. Set a new standard for cool. Jesus never called you to fit in; He called you to stand out. (Steven Furlick)
  • Take the i out of the word resist and what are you left with?
  • Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. (Howard Thurman)
  • Take the "com" out of compromise.
  • Don't find my confidence in "me".
  • What keeps us from resting? Worry. And Worry Only Robs Rest from You.

Well, there you have it...just a few of the many pearls of wisdom that I gleaned over this past weekend! Have a "pearl-filled" day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's fun to read your blog because it feels like we're communicating about life, well, yours, and the way you want to live it. I'm really glad that you had the opportunity to go to and were so inspired by/at the conference. I'm sure you felt you needed that. You seem at peace, which is what you need to face the challenges of life. Go for it Joey! Go for it! xx Alice