Monday, August 10, 2009

Bullet Points, Decisions, and Memories

Today has been one of those days! I don't have much to write about, so I'll use the old bullet point method!


  • I'm having to make some difficult decisions about my work. "My cup overflows" with students, and I need to figure out what in the world I'm going to do with too many people and not enough time.

  • Being in God's "waiting room" isn't very much fun. Waiting for a job for Bill, waiting to find out if we need to put our house up for sale, waiting to find out if we will have to move away from Texas...just so many uncertainties right now.

  • I got to talk to my old room mate that I lived with when we were fresh out of college. It felt so good to laugh and recall all the fun we had "way back when".

  • I'm looking forward to driving our youngest up to Trinity on August 22.

  • Today is our son Timothy's birthday. Happy birthday, Tim!!! He and his family live in South Carolina and they drove up to see me when I was in North Carolina. It sure was fun to spend a few hours together.

  • Today I thought about what I was doing one week ago today...flying home in a FIRST CLASS SEAT!!! What luxury! This is an excerpt from an email I sent to the "anonymous" person that graciously made it possible for me to attend:

Did you know that I had first class seating all the way home? Yes, I was hoping you wouldn't notice that on
the original itinerary until you were getting on the plane.When I booked it, it was only a few more miles so I figured after a long strenuous & hectic weekend and getting all stressed out it would be nice to unwind and take inventory of all the things you learned without being rushed into a frenzy.

Wasn't that just the most thoughtful thing a person could do? When I received that response from my question, it just warmed my heart at how caring and thoughtful people can be!

Well, time for me to go and prepare for Bible Study and Spanish class...



No comments: