Thursday, August 20, 2009

And The Winner Is...



The polls are now closed, the guesses have been tabulated, and the winner of my first ever blog contest is..................(um, where's the drum roll?) my sister, Nancy!!!!

And she didn't really win. However, she will be declared the winner because NO ONE ELSE EVEN GUESSED!! (sniff, sniff) So Nancy, I will be in Michigan on Monday, and I want you to get ready for your big prize. And believe me, it's big! I'll take pictures of the award ceremony, and I hope the rest of you feel really badly for not participating!!

So, what is so important about this Sunday? Besides being Sunday and besides being my niece's birthday, and besides the face that I will be sharing Sunday with my two daughters (together, in the same place at the same time which hasn't happened for almost two years) it will be the first birthday of Blah Blah Blah Houston!

This little blog which started out as a therapeutic diversion, has turned into a world-wide read phenomenon! Seriously, I have had readers from Africa, Afghanistan, Iraq, Norway, Holland and several states from the United States.

And what does one get a blog for its' first birthday, you may ask? Well, this little blog would love it if you would just share a comment. That would be a wonderful gift!

Starting tomorrow, the blog is hitting the road and traveling to Mobile, Alabama. From there it will wind its way up I65 with stops in Bloomington, Indiana and Chicago. Then it will travel to Michigan (for an important award ceremony presentation for my sister, Nancy, the famous blog guesser!!) and make a return trip to Chicago. So keep checking in for all the fun and festivities as this little blog brings the summer season to a close in style! (and please don't forget its' birthday on Sunday, August 23!)

4 comments:

nancy said...

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love to be a winner!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!(and receive my prize) HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLAH BLAH BLAH BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW HOW FAST A YEAR GOES!! PLEASE KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!!! I READ IT RELIGIOUSLY AND I KNOW OTHERS THAT DO TOO !!! WE ALL LOVE YOU!!! Drive Safe!!!!!! LUVE YOU, NANCY WINNER

Anonymous said...

Van harte gefeliciteerd met de eerste verjaardag.Blah Blah.....Blah.

Gratulere met dagen.
groetjes Janny

Anonymous said...

JUST THINK recollect,reminence,and just imagine what has happened to you, your family,and your many friends
during the time you started your blog up to now.AREN'T YOU AMAZED
HOW FAR YOU'VE COME
HK

Alice said...

Okay, so Kare and I can't read carefully! (because now I read that we had 24 hours to enter and I only read your blog on Sunday morning! I have always been late in life with everything!)
Congratulations! See how time flies, and heals, and how wonderfully you have affected the world and helped yourself! It has brought us closer too! BLAH BLAH BLAH...Congrats! Keep up the good work! And have a great time with your loved ones!