Saturday, August 8, 2009

School Daze

Can't believe it's that time of year again! Today, I interviewed for a new teaching position for the new school year, and I was hired!! My schedule is now full...maybe even a little too full...and I am thankful that God faithfully pairs me up with just the right people. I begin school on August 17, so this is my last week of FREEDOM!!!


I'll tell you more about my new assignment later on, once everything gets "ironed out". I also have a new adult English student. Her name is Ligia (my second student with this name!) and she is a chemical engineer from Brazil. EwwWee! This woman is bright and really keeps me on my toes! Last Tuesday, I was still sort of groggy from my flight the night before, so when she asked when we use "if" and when we use "whether" in English the silence in the room was palpable! Deer-in-the-headlights moment for me!!! My hands still get sweaty when I think about that lesson! And it wasn't in our textbook either...she just wanted to know the rules.

I had my interview for my new assignment in a cute little French restaurant named "Le Madeleine's" and the food was so good! It made me want to see the new movie, Julie & Julia.
Bill and I would recommend this movie, but don't go on an empty stomach. All that French cuisine had our mouths watering! It was fun to go on a "cheap" date ($6.00!) and just let our minds relax and roam for awhile!
A shipyard in Wisconsin called him about a possible job, so we will see what news the week ahead has for us.

1 comment:

Alice said...

Congratulations on your new job!! Enjoy it! I'm so happy for you. Hope the Wisconsin thing works out too. xx