Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend Recap


On Friday I had three of my adult English students over for lunch. I served chicken salad, rolls, and fresh fruit. For dessert, I tried to make those little flower pots filled with cake, ice cream, and topped with crushed oreos. I could not find any flower pots, so I used drinking cups...not as cute, but they still looked festive. We had so much fun, and I'm glad my friends could spend time getting to know one another. Cristina leaves for Argentina in one month and I am sad to see her family leave. I really enjoy my time with these ladies! I think I learn more from them than I could ever teach them!

Ligia with the flowerpot dessert

Dr. Cristina from Argentina

Lorena is from Mexico and her husband is from Argentina

My beautiful Latina friends

1 comment:

nancy said...

Dear #3 You made it so nice for your lady friends!! Sounds like a great lunch and I am sure they loved it!! It was fun to see their pictures, so now I can visulize them! You are such an awesome teacher!! 2 more days!! Love you! #2