Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Day Out



I had a WONDERFUL day! I canceled my morning teaching and headed off to a "Proverbs 31 Women's Event". I'm so thankful I live in a day and age where we have GPS systems. I had no idea where I was going, but I trusted my faithful little traveling buddy, and I ended up at the right place. The evening event sold out long ago, so I was thrilled to hear that they were having a matinee event.

If you have never heard of Lysa TerKeurst or Proverbs 31, go to their website. I receive a devotion from them everyday via email, and they are always just what I need to jump-start my days. Lysa has such an inspiring testimony! Today she spoke on how their family came to adopt two teenage boys from Liberia. On her website you can see the story as it was told to Ophrah Winfrey on her show.

The most exciting person for me to see was Kate Gosselin from "Jon and Kate Plus Eight" which is a cute show on TLC. She is a young Christian mom that had twin girls and then sextuplets! Here are a few pictures:




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi sis, I'm so glad to hear how great the day was! You deserve to have one of those. I will check out her website, Luv you! nancy kaye