Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles!


Last week, at Ligia's house we had so much fun blowing bubbles! The twins brought the bubble bottle to me and soon Ligia, Agustin, and the twins were all dancing aroung the kitchen as I blew endless streams of bubbles. They got over everything...in our hair, on our clothes...soon the floor and the kitchen table were covered with them! Hold that picture, and we will fast forward to today...
Ligia needed my help returning some dresses to Macy's. She purchased precious Christmas dresses for the twins, brought them all the way to Mexico, and when she was ready to dress the girls, she noticed the store sensors were still attached! She did an excellent job with her English and she received full credit for her purchases. While we were driving home from the store, the twins asked about Elise. I explained that she was going to school far away. Ligia asked when I will see Elise again. I tried to explain that I hope to see her at the end of February. I wanted to explain to her that I will be the speaker at a women's retreat at our former church in Mississippi. I knew there was no way I could explain all of that in my broken Spanish, but I tried my best.
"I will teach the Bible", I said.
"Oh, WOW!!! My English teacher is a Bauble teacher?!!?"
Knowing this didn't sound quite right, I said, "Scriptura??? Is that the Spanish word?
I will teach the Bible."
Ligia doubled over in squeals of laughter. "Oh, BIBLE! Now I understand!!! I thought you told me you were a BUBBLE teacher and in my head I thought 'No wonder she was so good at blowing all those bubbles at my house last week!'
Ah, the adventures of trying to teach English!

No comments: