Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ya Just Gotta Laugh

Today I woke up and this thought actually popped into my head...Why don't you bake a bug cake during school today?

Totally random thought,eh?

Well, it fit my reality for the day, because one of my students would be gone.. Since we just took a "bug" field trip yesterday, I thought this would be a fun way to conclude our unit. And for thinking it up at the last moment, it turned out to be a fantastic project!

Here is the video I found only 30 minutes before I left for work:



How to make an inchworm cake and bug cupcakes

I have pictures, but I'll have to share them later.
When I got home, I was so tired and was ready to cancel my afternoon classes. My one ear is really bothering me and is totally blocked at this point, so it just sounded good to relax for awhile. Then the phone rang and I found out my classes were cancelled! Hallelujah!!!
But, alas, my happiness was rather short-lived. Bill called and I could tell he was driving in his car. Before he could even tell me, my intuition kicked into high gear and my only thought was
"L A Y O F F !" I was right...sort of. They told Bill that they were in between contracts so he could take a few days off. Hopefully, he will be called back in next week, but last time this happened "next week" turned out to be about four months. Please pray!
That's when laughter became my medicine. One of my friends posted a news article about a cookbook that was causing an uproar in Europe. Apparently it should have read, "add crushed black pepper". Instead, it was written as, "add crushed black people". Jesse Jackson might show up at my house tomorrow, but I couldn't help it...I laughed!!!!
Then David came downstairs to tell me about a dating website. He sent messages to "Men Looking for Women" instead of to "Women Looking for Men". He figured out the mistake he made, but not before he got an email informing him that "Steve has sent you a message!" That provided a much needed laugh, as well!
Despite circumstances, it just feels good to laugh, doesn't it?

No comments: