Friday, April 23, 2010

Innocent English

Okay, so on Wednesday I wrote about an note I saw from a Facebook friend who lives in Europe. Here is the actual story:


AP) An Australian publisher is reprinting 7,000 cookbooks over a recipe for pasta with "salt and freshly ground black people." Penguin Group Australia's head of publishing, Bob Sessions, acknowledged the proofreader for the Pasta Bible should have picked up the error, but called it nothing more than a "silly mistake." The "Pasta Bible" recipe for spelt tagliatelle with sardines and prosciutto was supposed to call for black pepper. "We're mortified that this has become an issue of any kind and why anyone would be offended, we don't know," he told The Sydney Morning Herald for a story printed Saturday. "We've said to bookstores that if anyone is small-minded enough to complain about this ... silly mistake, we will happily replace (the book) for them." The reprint will cost Penguin 20,000 Australian dollars ($18,500), but books already in stores will not be recalled because doing so would be "extremely hard," Sessions said.

The reason I am writing about this again is because I think some people think I am being quite racist. Nothing could be further from the truth. People that know me and know my heart would tell you I love people and would never intentionally hurt some one with hate language. It was just a mishap with the English language and it happens to be funny. The end. So those of you that have been eye-balling my innocent little blog looking for racial hatred, stop looking because it ain't here. And that's all I'm going to say about THAT!

But while we're on the topic of innocent mishaps with our language, let me add a few more:

  • Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over
  • Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half
  • New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group
  • Crack Found on Governor’s Daughter
  • Red Tape Holds Up New Bridges
  • Hospitals are Sued by Seven Foot Doctors

And, in closing, i share with you my new YouTube favorite:



Laughter...it really is THE BEST medicine!!!!

1 comment:

nancy said...

love it!! <(^_^)>