Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sleepless Night/Satisfying Day


Did you ever have one of those nights when you long to sleep, but it just eludes you? That was me last night. Finally, I just gave up and got up.

First thing I noticed was that my right ear felt funny and was making funny noises inside of my head. I put my hand to my ear, and it was bleeding. Oh, great! I tried not to panic and talked myself out of hyper-ventilating. But the first chance I had, I called Dr. Klinke!

I had to leave for work really early because we had a field trip today. I took my students to the museum where we watched a great 3-D movie about bugs. We also saw a special exhibit on magic. They had lots of interesting artifacts from Harry Houdini and other magicians, as well as many interesting videos of classic magical tricks. One of my students kept exclaiming in a very

L O U D voice, "How did they do that?!!!" I think she was asking the question that the rest of us wanted to ask but were too embarrassed to. (ARGH!!! I don't like ending sentences with a preposition, but how else do I word this?)

After the field trip, I had two Dr. appointments. They couldn't see anything in my ear because of the blood, so I was given drops to use and told to come back when the drops are gone.

Then it was on to more teaching. My youngest student made a breakthrough today. She started to read! I love to be witness to the awesome awakening of discovery! I wish I could have captured the precious look on her face as she joyfully shouted, "I DID IT ALL BY MYSELF!!!"

Off to bed...hope I sleep better tonight.

No comments: