Monday, April 5, 2010

Some Blah Blah Blah...

Yesterday when I turned on the computer, this video was featured...maybe some of you saw it.




Have you ever felt like the grey whale in this video? Me too! Struggle as I may, seems like the "killer whale" is never far away, eyeing my every move, ready to attack at any moment.

Yup! Some days it's just difficult to "Rejoice always!". Today I read a wonderful article that helped me realize why I have so many days when I feel like that poor, vulnerable migrating whale.

I've taped these into my journal and I'm sure I will find myself returning to them often.

Here are some of the factors that I think make me slip from the fundamentals of abiding in Christ:

* I start fixing my attention on the stream of experience and ordinariness instead of on Christ.
* I get tyrannized by busyness.
* I allow what’s true and what’s important to get hazy in my mind.
* I get fixated on little daily annoyances.
* I get trapped in fears of the future or regrets of the past.
* I get bogged down in worldly contentedness, even with wretched things.
* I skip a prayer time here and a prayer time there, and I tell myself it’s temporary and reversible.
* I start thinking visible things are more real than invisible.
* I don’t fight back against spiritual lethargy or depression. (This is abetted by bad theology about doctrines of grace that encourage complacency by mistaking obedience for works righteousness. found in World Magazine

1 comment:

NANCY said...

YOU HAD SO MANY GREAT POINTS FOR US ALL TO REMEMBER!! I was thinking too we should never go out in the "open water" alone or think we are alone Our Shepherd is always right there with us! LUV U